Monday, June 25, 2012

No White Food vs. No White Carbs


So what's with the name of my blog - nowhitecarbs.blogspot.com? What do I mean by " no white carbs"? You've probably heard the trendy diet term, "No White Food." As a phrase, it's great. Very catchy! I like it. As a practice, it's a little extreme for me.

There's a lot of white food I like and have no intension of giving up. I love milk. That's a big one. I also like feta cheese, cauliflower, and water chestnuts. Color alone is not the key. What IS key is what some white foods do to your body.

Any white food that your body sees like white sugar is a white food to be avoided. Those foods are all simple carb foods. White bread, white rice, white potatoes - these are white carb foods that your body processes just like sugar.

They may not taste like sugar at all. They might taste quite salty. The salt doesn't change how your body sees the simple carbs. The dynamics of insulin and blood sugar work the same with the simple carb in white rice as it does with the simple carb in cane sugar or corn syrup.

Change your mindsetL  White carb food is dessert.  Every time!

"No white carbs" doesn't mean you never eat any dessert.   But it DOES mean that white carbs have NO useful place on your lunch plate.

You know that if you eat dessert for breakfast every day, and have dessert as a side for lunch, and then eat it twice at dinner...  you won't be healthy.  It would be no surprise to you when you get sick and feel like crap. We all know this.

What we don't know is how to recognize all desserts when we see them. No white carbs for dinner! Save them for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment